The beautiful beaches of Tarifa are amongst the best places in the world to experience Windsurfing. In our Windsurf summer camp for teenagers between the ages of 14 to 17 the teens will be in good hands! It is super fun and challenging, to learn or improve windsurfing. Mastering the technique gives a great feeling of freedom.
Our mission at Lenguaventura is to make sure that the teenagers from the Windsurf summer camp are in the hands of professional instructors and that they practise in a safe environment.
Choose between the following windsurf options:
Windsurf Camp Tarifa – Group lessons level 0 – 3
- Level 0: Beginner (without any experience)
- Level 1: Beginner (with little experience; use beginner boards (with center finn); don’t use the harness)
- Level 2: Intermediate (with experience; still use beginners boards; can sail upwind and downwind; start using the harness or would like to do so)
- Level 3: Intermediate (can sail on moderate winds on a beginner board; started planning or would like to do so; would like to learn how to use the footstraps or beachstart and waterstart (depending on the wind conditions)
Windsurf Camp Tarifa – Semi-private lessons or private lessons – Level 4
- Level 4: Advanced (can sail on moderate and strong wind conditions on a Funboard (short board under 150 lts), using footstraps; with strong wind need to improve waterstart and jibe; with light wind want to try basic freestyle moves (depending on the wind conditions)
Windsurf Camp Tarifa – Private lessons – Level 5
- Level 5: Advanced (can sail on any wind condition; would like to learn or improve POWER JIBE, JUMPS or FREESTYLE MOVES (depending on the wind conditions)
All our Windsurf courses provide lessons over four afternoons each week (total of 8 hours per week). For level 1 – 3 the groups consist of four students with one instructor. Level 4 – 1 or 2 students with one instructor and level 5 – one student with one instructor. Each student will always have their own windsurfing gear, which includes a board, sail, helmet, lifejacket and wetsuit thus allowing them have maximum time to practise their skills.
Windsurf Camp Tarifa Preparation VDWS certificate
If a student wants to obtain an official certificate (VDWS), then the school will offer an extra one hour theory class after the 2 hour practical class. The VDWS is a certificate of a students’windsurfing proficiency, proving that they are both independent riders and know how to behave on the water. The certificate is the same for all skill levels and can be obtained in two weeks.
Our Windsurf summer camp is designed for all those taking part in this experience to benefit 100%!
Check out our schedule of a typical windsurf day here:
|Days of the week
|Wednesday and Saturday
|Full day excursion
|Evening activities and soirées
Extra Details about the Windsurf Camp:
- The Windsurf courses will always take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (8 or 12 hours per week).
- The Windsurf School Spin Out is situated directly on Playa Valdevaqueros beach, which is a very safe spot, also offering an alternative lagoon, even when wind conditions are not ideal or very strong. On days when the wind blows less, the thermal wind increases its strength in the afternoons, allowing for windsurf lessons to go ahead as planned. It is extremely rare that a lesson cannot take place! On very windy days safety measures are in place to ensure that less experienced windsurfers do not practise on the sea. In these cases the Windsurf school has the option to switch the windsurf classes to the nearby lagoon.
- On Wednesdays and Saturdays the teens from the windsurfing participate in the same summer cultural or sport activities as the teens from the Kitesurf Camp and the Wingsurf Camp. There is no windsurfing on these days or on Sundays.
- A detailed schedule will be sent upon request, and to all students enrolled in the Windsurf summer Camp (sent alongside the confirmation).