Adventure camp for teenagers (14 – 17 years)
Our Adventure camp is an action packed introduction to survival skills, nature and the environment. It has been designed specifically for teenagers. We will show our young campers how to become a natural born survivor like Bear Grylls.
These exciting activities will be mainly based on a beautiful private estate; however we will also make time to visit the beaches and mountains that surround us.
We will kick start the Lenguaventura Adventure camp with an afternoon of hilarious, adventurous and fun games on the estate. In the meadows by the river we will play and learn how to work as a team. Afterwards the participants can relax or swim in the river.
As we move through the summer program the Adventure camp also paves the way to our Eco-Citizen award. Our approach allows the teenagers to become aware of the wonders of nature and how they can start to become more conscious of the world that we live in and to build up a set of vital life skills.
Some of our activities will be:
- Building a raft or a boat to escape the desert island we are stranded on. This is a classical survival adventure with lots of laughter. Will they float, how will the participants steer and which team will win the raft challenge?
- Tracking skills; the teenagers will learn to find and follow tracks, create trails and to discover the amazing wildlife of this area
- Waterfalls and tropical canyons; off road drive to enter into the mountains and being guided to a place where water tumbles over giant boulders into crystal clear pools beneath the forest canopy. A perfect adventure for a hot day. Here the participants can swim or just relax on the rocks looking at the beauty of nature
- Living like the ancestors; learning skills of the past. Using natural pigments to dye T-Shirts, crafting spears from what is found on the land, making pottery and weaving plant fibres into bracelets and rope. The teenagers of the Adventure camp will discover the techniques our ancestors used to thrive in nature.
- A real challenge will be the orienteering activity, how well can our participants read a map, find hidden clues and break the code? Moving through the olive forest and crossing the river will be a fun and exciting challenge to discover the hidden treasure.
- Snorkelling over the rich reefs of a still undiscovered spot where we are just 14 km from the African coastline.
Central to the successful achievement of the Adventure Camp will be teamwork, cooperation and solidarity; the nurturing of these skills is at the forefront of our approach
Wednesdays and weekends is the time where the whole group, also from the Kitesurf and Windsurf undertakes activities together, such as fieldtrips or leisure/sport activities.